Yamaha AEX 1500 archtop with humbucker and piezo pickup
I’d describe this particular Yamaha AEX1500 and its case as mint. I’m the second owner and this instrument has not been gigged with during my tenure. The original owner obviously babied it as well. There are no dings, scratches, belt buckle rash or lacquer checking.
The body is flamed maple and everything is all original. It has a floating humbucker pickup and an internal piezo, with controls that allow blending of the two.
The guitar was developed in conjunction with acclaimed Jazz and finger-style guitarist Martin Taylor in the mid 90's . This superb archtop is highly prized by players, as they don’t come up for sale often and they provide a unique combination of electric and piezo acoustic tonality.
- Made in Japan
- Laminated figured maple hollow body
- Glued-in maple neck with 20 fret ebony fingerboard
- Floating mini humbucker with piezo pickup in the bridge.
- Three-band piezo EQ with variable midrange, piezo/humbucker mix
- Single-saddle floating bridge and trapeze tail-piece
- Includes generic plush hard shell case
I will ship this guitar but the cost will be in addition to the list price. I am open to offers and to trade ideas, so get in touch!